Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Hobbit, The Movie















A legal settlement gives New Line the right to make a movie based on The Hobbit and another movie based on other Tolkein works.

My first thought is hell yeah. I'm nuts for the LOTR trilogy movies, and can't wait to see what comes next. However, I'm a bit apprehensive, because I remember reading The Hobbit as a kid and being a bit disappointed in the lack of action.

And what other works will they build the second movie from? The Simarillion? That could be a snoozer.

I am really excited about Guillermo Del Toro at the helm though - he's the perfect choice.

Hopefully this comes to fruition - with the money the first trilogy made, we can actually be glad that the movie industry will always bank on "shaking their moneymakers," so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment